Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Thursday 5 January 2012

2012, here we go! :)

 

IMG_3044A

Monday was a Bank Holiday here, but unfortunately my husband had to go into work. I had intended taking down the Christmas Tree, having a good tidy up etc. but the sun was shining, and we all know if the sun  shines in January you just have to get out!!

IMG_3037A

This building used to be part of the Royal Marines Barracks, it has been converted into very nice houses now.

My friend had the same idea, so mid morning we met up at the Pier, had a stroll to the cafe on the end of the pier, and enjoyed the bright but pretty bracing air, not to mention a coffee and a piece of cake in the cafe!

IMG_3039

I had walked into town along the seafront, a lovely walk, although a bit chilly. There were lots of people around, we all had the same idea I think. As you can see I took my first photos of 2012, I just love that flag Smile

IMG_3041A

The Bath Abbey will be along in a few days time, and I have a few other as yet unpublished blogs to share with you all, hopefully they will brighten the coming winter months. 

IMG_3042A

4 comments:

  1. It is always nice to get out of the house on a sunny day. Glad you did. Here it is sunny as well but we have a bitter wind, otherwise it's a nice day. Happy New year, and hope 2012 is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very nice day indeed! We are having a mild winter so far, started out with lots of snow, now all gone, I'm sure to return! Great photos Poppy! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Poppy isn't it great to get out on a day such as yours. No such luck here at the moment cloudy , but blue skies are to to be cherished in Jan. Great Photo's and look forward to your New Years photo shoots.All the very best Hugs
    Sheila :) xx

    ReplyDelete