Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Friday 1 March 2013

This and that!

 

A beautiful sunset, taken from my front door on St. Valentine’s Day.

Just a quick blog to let everyone know I am still alive!! It is that time of year when we are all fed up with winter, there are signs out there of Spring but it seems so slow getting here.

I have been very busy doing this and that, and not taking many photos! Once the weather gets a bit better I am sure that will right itself. I have got a few days off work now, with not much planned, although there are a lot of cobwebs in the house which need some attention!!

IMG_8474A

Just a few photo to share with you all, the Old Weavers House is in Canterbury, one day I will do the river trip, which runs from here, I am sure it is very interesting. The photos were taken a couple of weeks ago when my daughter and I had a day over there mooching round the shops, we had a good day, Canterbury is such a lovely city Smile

IMG_8160

Early morning January sky.

10 comments:

  1. yes it has been a long winter, those sky photos are great val.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a couple of days of sun this week, I have taken some photos, blog to follow as soon as I can :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Poppy, nice to see you back or have I not been paying attention. !
    loved the photos especially that blue mackerel type blue sky.
    I went to Canterbury many years ago and remember seeing that old place.
    I agree we've had enough of this winter it's outstayed it's welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arlene, I now have a very old cat who wants cuddles on my knee at every opportunity, I am not complaining, I know I have to enjoy her while she is here! I have had a few days break this week, the sun even shone for me so there will be photos to follow as soon as I can sort it :)

      Delete
    2. Understandable Poppy, our dear animal friends need our love especially in their old age. look forward to the photos. Nice weather here too but it's not going to last. :-(

      Delete
  3. I can't wait until spring. I keep saying that over and over, but it can't be soon enough and it's almost here. Sorry I haven't been around, good to be back to see what you're up to. I love your pictures and that sky is so blue and white. We don't get clouds like this around here anymore (northern CA) and this has been the driest winter since the 1950's or something like that. A real record. Enjoy your weekend Poppy. How's your eyes doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bekkie lovely to hear from you :) My eye is doing fine thanks, the 'blob' is actually disappearing and I haven't noticed it for a very long time thank goodness. I know you had further trouble with your eye, really hope that is sorted out for you now xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Poppy I just love your backdrop ...
    Good to see you I think we are all feeling a little sad in a way. Spring is here hope to see your adventures and pictures soon.
    Have a good week
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Sheila, we have had some sun this week and I was not working, its amazing what a bit of sun can do to cheer things up :) As I have said to Arlene, my dear old cat is requiring lots of cuddles, so the blog entries are slowing down a bit, but I will be here when I can :)

      Delete
  5. that sky in the last is just gorgeous!

    (i need to do my spring cleaning, too...)

    ReplyDelete