Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Friday 12 September 2014

Beihai Park, Beijing

Water lilies on the lake.

IMG_5484A

This was one place I really did want to re-visit, so after leaving the Forbidden City by the North Gate, we walked the few hundred yards to beautiful Beihai Park. We were looking forward to having our dinner, and a few drinks in the restaurant which overlooks the lake.

IMG_5443A

IMG_5444A

The first thing we saw as we entered the park was the lake filled with beautiful water lilies, and lots of people enjoying the sunshine on and off the water.

IMG_5453A

Beautiful Beihai

IMG_5441B

The Dagoba on the hill.

We then crossed the bridge to the island, and I looked to see if I could see the umbrellas of the restaurant – no umbrellas! It turned out that the restaurant was closed for refurbishment, which was such a shame. There was a lot of work going on, even blocking the path to the rest of the island, so we had to content ourselves with sitting by the lake, and just enjoying the peace and quiet.

IMG_5440A

Gazing across the lake, just enjoying the peace and quiet Smile

Pebble decorations on one of the pathways.

Pathway through the gardens, I think eventually they would lead you up to the Dagoba.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the waterlilies on the lake, especially :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love those lillies on my pond Val they are beautiful.
    Such a wonderful time and lovely memories.
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete