St. Clements Church is the Parish Church of Sandwich, situated close to the site of the Medieval Town Walls.
There has been a Church in this spot since the 12th Century, at which time the beautiful Norman tower and the Nave was built. More building was done in the 13th and 14th Century, resulting in the church we can see today.
The interior of the Church, showing the beautiful ceiling and the font.
The font, believed to date from around 1406, showing the Sandwich Arms.
The arcading in the South aisle
The Eagle Lectern.
The 15th Century squint hole.
One of the lovely wooden Angel bosses on the ceiling.
The beautiful floral crown suspended from the ceiling in 2012 celebrating the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth's accession to the throne.
Wonderful oak doors, dated 1655, with the initials RRWH and WW.
A beautiful Parish Church, well worth visiting.