Welcome to my Place

Hi everyone,

I hope you will enjoy my place and my photos, I am looking forward to visits from friends, old and new.

Please respect the copyright on my photos. Thank you.

Sunday 31 December 2017

End of the Year 2017 Part 1


Here we go again, a record of my year in photos, I really enjoy doing these two blogs, as I am reminded of  all the lovely things that have happened during my year, that I have been able to catch in photos.

It has been an up and down year for us as a family, but nothing too serious thank goodness. Our daughter has been home from China three times, which has been lovely even if one of the visits was an unplanned one due to health issues. Thankfully she is fully fit now, and we have had a lovely Christmas with her home. Our son is currently in Canada, working and improving his skiing, he was missed by us all at Christmas. 

JANUARY


St Peter's Church, Sandwich, looking good in the winter sunshine.


Sun rise and misty fields on the way to work.


This is just about the only thing to remain of Walmer Place, a once luxurious Manor House built on Walmer seafront in 1901. The house was owned for some time by the Marke Wood family, who paid for the building of our local Victoria Hospital, which was left to the people of Deal, and also contributed to the Marke Wood recreation ground, which was left to the children of Walmer. The photo shows a very small part of the wall of the grounds of the house, which was demolished in 1965, and it shows in the background the new flats which were built on the site.

FEBRUARY


A beautiful present from my daughter, a Chinese dragon on a silk background, it is too nice to use as a place mat, which is what we think it was intented for, so I am keeping it safe until I decide what to use it for .  


Daffodils hiding in a corner in Sandwich, so lovely to see, especially as it was only February :)


Part of an art display my friend and I went to in the Turner Contemporary, Margate.

MARCH


A reminder of a lovely night spent in the Mermaid Inn, Rye. I want to go again!


On our way back home from Rye, we visited this beautiful church, St Thomas a Becket at Fairfield, which sits all alone in the middle of a field, and is famous for its interior, which has its original Georgian box pews still in place.


The beautiful blossom on an old tree in the grounds of Walmer Castle, every year it was such a lovely sight, as can be seen from the photo below. Sadly the tree has now gone, I did try to find out why it had been cut down,  but I think it had just gone past its best and maybe was no longer safe to leave. Whatever the reason I am very sad that is is no longer there.


APRIL


Rochester Cathedral, we had a lovely day out :)


Blossom :)


The River Stour at Sandwich.

MAY


A tiny statue of Pan, who lives in an alley in Wingham!


A duckling at Russell Gardens, Dover, all his brothers and sisters were duck coloured so this one was very special :)


A swan at Kearsney Abbey, I have to have a swan, I love them!


Russell Gardens looking especially beautiful, having the seagull in the photo was just a bit of luck.

JUNE


Under the pier, photo taken from the lower deck, it makes for a good photo.


A Hollyhock in Sandwich Library Garden.


Just lovely, photo taken in Walmer Castle meadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment